March 14, 2014 § 3 Comments
There are many wonderful things about being a special educator. I feel like sometimes that doesn’t always come across in my posts. So here ya go!
1. I am surrounded by colleges who work hard and truly care about kids.
2. I get to work with kids in 1:1 or small group settings so I really get to know them.
3. It has taught me to be super flexible with just about everything.
4. It has taught me to go with the flow.
5. It is taught me that remembering what it feels like to be a kid is a good thing.
6. I feel fortunate to to be able to work with the parents and families of the students I serve.
7. I am lucky that I work for administrators who care about kids.
8. I get to work with people in all aspects of education and my job bleeds into those areas.
9. I feel the flexibility I am given allows for trial of new techniques and does not lock me into a scripted curriculum.
10. I am blessed to work in a school that is K-12. Let me tell you – it is so special to not have to lose contact to the students I worked with when they were in their early elementary years. I love that so many pop into my office to say hello and chat.
I do have a beautiful job. I hope I serve all the children and families I work with well. I hope all teachers feel as blessed as I do to have the honor of being a part of a child’s life.